Friday, July 21, 2017

Pacific Dragonfly Friend

Afternoon, y'all.  I did not get into my craft room yesterday (except when I let the dogs out, since the door to the backyard area is down in the basement too) but I took Ryan with me this afternoon so we could both play in the basement for a bit.  And this is what I made!


Whee dragonfly.  I love dragonflies :)


I put some Wink of Stella on the dragonfly's wings, which made them a little sparkly (this is my totally ineffective attempt to capture the sparkle in a photograph) and had the added benefit of making the ink blur just a teensy bit so it's more watercolory looking.

You may recognize this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And because of the layered square elements, I married that sketch with the CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


I kept the dragonfly (but used a different one), the polka dots (but used the splatter stamp from Awesomely Artistic), the two squares (but tilted them to fit with the FMS sketch), and the single-word sentiment.  I started out with my Pacific Point dragonfly, then went looking for colors to go with it--I ended up using Sahara Sand and Cajun Craze on the suggestion of my long-retired Color Coach, which I still bust out often enough that it lives in the top drawer right next to my crafting table. 

In addition to all that, I'm also entering this over at SUO Challenges, where the current challenge is to use something new and fun from SU!  I used the Post Script background for the larger square element; that's one of just two new stamp sets I've bought from the new catalog thus far (that's....going to change in the not too distant future!  I need new stamps, right?).  Anyway, I do love Post Script so it was fun to use it here.  I'm also in a group on Facebook that's about to start sending some happy mail to each other, so I need some fun friend cards for that.  Yay for actually mailing the things I make!


And since I talk about Sodapop so much, here's a selfie I took yesterday with the squirt in question.  Yes, he is chewing on Post-It Notes, and he also refuses to look at a camera or a phone.  He's five months old and I swear he knows what a camera is!  And he's already decided not to cooperate with it.  But I love my stinker.  Starting to agree with the hubs that we're going to need to cut his hair though...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams, Awesomely Artistic, Post Script
Ink:  Pacific Point, Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Pacific Point, Sahara Sand, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Rhinestones, Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

Just look at my two cuties! Sweetness overload!

LOVE the colors. Nice job on the card! Hershey loves dragonflies, too. She chases them in the yard. She's now in the corner by me trying to take a nap. I am at home this afternoon.

Have a great weekend! Love you!

Julie Gearinger said...

What an adorable picture of the two of you! Love your dragonfly card- the colors look great together and the new Postscript background is the perfect finishing touch (this is on my wishlist as well :-)). Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and I hope we see your artwork in our gallery again soon!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love the blue dragonfly. I really the like the color combo too. (The color coach is a good friend)! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Fun dragonfly card! The script background is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Julia said...

Thank you for posting a photo of your little cutie!!
I love your new background for the card - it works so well with the dragonfly - what a great combo!! So perfect for our challenge! So glad you joined the fun at SUO Challenges!!

Andrea W said...

Terrific card! I love the blue dragonfly and the splatters.

Connie Babbert said...

I totally missed that new post script stamp in the catalog! I love it combined with the dragonfly! Cute little baby, too! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

I love all the texture in your card. And you just can't go wrong with the Dragon Fly bundle. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

Oh and that selfie, priceless!

Karen Barber said...

Love your card, AND LOVE THAT BABY!!!!! ADORABLE!!!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!