Saturday, July 22, 2017

You're Cool, Popsicle

Happy Saturday, y'all!  Usually I post layouts from my honeymoon album on Saturdays (at least lately), but since I missed a couple of days this week of posting cards that means there's several challenges I wanted to get to and hadn't done yet and time's a-runnin' out.  So popsicles!


I'm hoping the splat stamps on the background give the impression of popsicle drips :)  I stamped the sentiment on the inside, which says You're Cool.  I started with the color challenge from Color Throwdown:


I used Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, and Bermuda Bay for my colors.  They seemed like good popsicle colors (Green Apple, Lemon {or Banana I suppose}, Cherry, and Blue Raspberry!) so I had to bust out Cool Treats, which is this week's set at What Will You Stamp:


Fa reals, y'all, I had trouble figuring out what to do with this stamp set right after I got it, so it gathered dust for several months before I finally made something with it.  Sometimes you just gotta go for it and if you don't like what you make, it's okay.  Eventually I usually figure out *something* that I like.

Ryan is in his bouncer and making lots of noise, so I'm off to play with Tiny Tot.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cool Treats, Timeless Textures
Ink:  Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Dimensionals

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Oooo, yummy!!! What a fun take on the color combo! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you playing again soon!

Lou said...

Such a fun card. Love the colourful background. Thanks for joining us this week at WWYS?

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors in this one. So pretty. Cute idea!!!

Broni said...

What a great Summery, sweet creation!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!!

Sealbeach said...

How did you make them 3D?

Christy Lynn said...

They're not 3D, it's all just stamps, ink, and paper!

Sealbeach said...

Thank you!