Friday, August 25, 2017

P.S. Missing You

Happy Friday, y'all.  I have to say, with the hubs here on convalescent leave for his back surgery, it's kinda hard for me to keep track of the days sometimes.  It sorta feels like the weekend all the time because he's home :)  And I never want to clean house, because who wants to spend a Saturday mopping floors?  But one of these not-Saturdays I need to actually do that.

Well, yesterday we had a tough afternoon.  I was having severe lack of mojo, and Ryan started getting really fussy and we had two open-air accidents yesterday (the last one was when he was, like, three weeks old, so maybe I'd gotten complacent?) and by 4:00 I was just DONE.  But I cleaned up the baby, hubs cleaned up the mess, baby got to take a little nap and I finally managed to get a card made for today.  Not my favoritest ever, but at least I did something.


Given all our tinkle-based misadventures yesterday, I now find it funny that my card is mostly yellow.  Anyway, ever since I got Post Script, I've wanted to use it to make a "miss you" card, because if you're sending someone a letter it means you're not with them so you miss them, right?  I sponged Cajun Craze ink on the stamp, and then stamped it on a piece of ombre Crushed Curry paper from the Color Theory stack.  I figured Tranquil Tide would go well with the other colors (because Tranquil Tide plays nice with everyone), plus it's about the only current ribbon I have, so there you go.

I used this week's Fall-To Layout from Clean & Simple:


That Post Script layer covers up an earlier attempt to use this sketch...seriously I probably spent more than a half hour trying to think of what to do and NOTHING.  This is a great sketch and it shouldn't have been so hard!  I was trying to combine it with a color challenge at it just wasn't working, so I tossed the color challenge.  Sometimes the stamping muse just doesn't want to cooperate.

Ryan is now trying to grab the hubs' breakfast bowl to get more oatmeal, but they ate it all :D  I've got more oatmeal baking in the oven for me, so I'll share a little with him when mine is ready.  It's funny, I typically don't like oatmeal unless it's in the form of cookies, but I tried this earlier this week and loved it.  Yay healthy breakfast?

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Post Script, Oh So Eclectic
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Tide, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Tranquil Tide ribbon, Stitched Shapes & Layering Circles Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Baylor colors!!! Yay! Very nice.

Going out to lunch with Varun today. I haven't seen him in quite a while, so I'm looking forward to it. Just finished cleaning out my 3rd floor closet and worked up such a sweat. That's CRAZY. So much junk, though, and I'm not sure what I'm going to ultimately do with it.

Hope you have a wonderful day. Love you!

Natasha said...

I love this! The sponged colours behind that image are gorgeous!