Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Psychic Octopi

Hey y'all!  I mentioned yesterday that the current color challenge at Just Add Ink is, like, my favoritest ever color combo from the new catalog, right?  Here it is:

And as promised, I made something new for it...not just one, but two cards!


Having fun with the Message in a Bottle stamp set, from whence my wee mermaid came on Sunday.  I couldn't decide if I wanted the octopus to be Powder Pink or Tranquil Tide, so I did both...mostly because I messed up the Marbled background the first time I stamped it.  I stamped it a little too far down on the card front, so to salvage it, I cut it a bit to layer on a new card base (the card on the right).  The backgrounds look different too because for the right one (the first one I stamped), I inked it up, then used a brayer to spread the ink out a bit so I wouldn't have patches.  On the left card, I inked up the brayer itself and used it to apply the ink to the stamp, and that's how it came out different.  Interesting!  I like this Marbled background stamp for this because it looks wavy to me.  OH!  And check out my brand new iridescent sequins!  I ordered a few more embellishments than usual this last time.  You might even see RIBBON sometime soon.

So now to the psychic part.  I made these two cards on Sunday night, before the Global Design Project posted their newest challenge (#100).  All of their DT have posted cards and this time we get to pick any one we want to CASE.  And if you looked at Brian King's card, I bet you'd think I saw it before I made my cards...


It's just such a coincidence that I have to link it up over there even though I hadn't seen this card before I made mine.  I ended up with a similar layout, pink, and the Marbled background!  Weird, isn't it?  Well, okay, it would be spookier if Brian had used the same stamp set for his main image too, but whatevs.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Message in a Bottle, Marbled
Ink:  Pool Party, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Delightful Daisy & A Whole Lot of Lovely DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Iridescent Sequins

6 comments:

Joanne Stubbings said...

I can't decide which card I like best, great use of the challenge colours and good job getting the different outcomes with the background stamp! Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink this week!

CCsMom said...

I DO like that marbled background stamp. Very nice.

Hope all is well at Casa Stanford. You all have a great day.

Brian King said...

What fun! I love these cards, Christy, and am so glad your cards were so close to my project. What fun, you psychic! :) I love the colors you used. Thank you so much for helping us to celebrate the 100th challenge of the Global Design Project! I'm glad you played along.

Nikki Spencer said...

Two cute creations Christi! The marble background works so well with your octopus. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Fantastic cards, Christy. Love the clean layouts and use of DSP in the challenge colours. I adore the card you managed to salvage, love the subtleness of the background and the extra layer. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink x

Anonymous said...

Love the marbled background - such great swirls and patterns. Both great cards, using the same layout. Chantell Just Add Ink