Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Grateful Pumpkins

Mornin', y'all!  How's your Wednesday?  Still doesn't really feel like fall here even though some of the leaves are turning...yeah I could still be running around in capris and be comfortable, which is just Not Acceptable for October in my opinion.  But at least it's perfectly fall-ish in my craft room!


I love these pumpkins.  And the Painted Autumn DSP.  I have fun in my craft room :)  Anyway, for today's card, I started out with the photo inspiration at Inkspirational:


And then I paired that with the sketch from Global Design Project:


This is actually card #2 I made for this sketch; the first one was....okay, but it just didn't feel balanced right, so I made this one and I like it much better.  And I finally got a pack of thick Very Vanilla cardstock and I'm loving that too.  I may never buy the thinner versions of it and Whisper White again...

Last up (alphabetically, anyway), is the What Will You Stamp? challenge:


I think I have enough Halloween cards for this year...now I just need to mail them all out!  So that's why I picked a Thanksgiving pumpkin this time instead of a jack-o-lantern.

Well, Ryan is sharing his cereal puffs with the dogs...at least he shares?  But we've got to get ready for the gym.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pick a Pumpkin, Painted Harvest
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Thick Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Patterned Pumpkin Framelits, Mini Dimensionals, linen thread

5 comments:

Brian King said...

The linen thread is a perfect accent on your card! I love the bold background of Crushed Curry so much! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch challenge at Global Design Project!

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Perfect background for this stamp set, I love that you have combined both challenges too. Thanks for joining us this week at WWYS

Tanja Kolar said...

Love your card and it´s perfect in each detail
Thank´s for playing with us.
Hugs Tanja

Marina said...

Great use of pattern and colour for a really pretty card.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

cm said...

I hear you about the weather - we currently have about 8 inches of snow and it's a balmy -19C. Brrrr! Your card is fall fabulous with the sweet duo of pumpkins and the lovely background paper! Sooooo pretty! We're delighted that you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery! Your support makes me smile!
~carol