Monday, October 23, 2017

Pistyll Waterfall

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How was your weekend?  We've been pretty busy...little munchkin man has started pulling himself up to standing with whatever piece of furniture happens to be handy...he's grabbed my pants leg a time or two but I think that's got too much give for him to pull himself up.  But yep, now we have to move everything up out of his newly-extended reach and keep a sharp eye on him.  He already likes climbing all over the coffee table and end tables.  Busy busy busy little baby.  Wish we didn't have so many stairs in this house.

Anyway, it's Scrappy Monday and that means a scrapbook layout!


This is another layout from Wales (pictures here).  And do you see that??? I used Flirty Flamingo for my page base!  I probably wouldn't have thought to do that but the shirt I'm wearing in the pictures is a pink paisley print, and pink + green is always a color combination winner.  And there's a lot of green in the photos.


At first I wanted to try stamping my own paisley pattern for an accent but then I went with the stripey paper from the Painted Autumn DSP instead.  And then I wanted a leafy accent and I started to get out my giant binder stamp catalog but then I thought why make this harder than it has to be? And I used the leaf and matching punch from Painted Harvest, so I was done in a flash.  Don't ask me why I decided to stamp "waterfall" in two colors, I just thought it would be fun.


Today's colors:  Flirty Flamingo, Gumball Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Dapper Denim, and Very Vanilla.  The DSP is actually a watercolor wash between Garden Green and Lemon Lime Twist, but I discovered that pattern goes really well with Gumball Green, which is kinda like the midpoint between the other two colors.

Ooh, I finished this post just in time--kiddo just woke up!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Jayne's Type Alphabet, Rough Type, Painted Harvest
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Cucumber Crush, Lemon Lime Twist, Dapper Denim
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories:  leaf punch

No comments: