Friday, November 10, 2017

Retro Rose

Happy Friday, y'all.  My cold seems to be getting better, must be all the sleeping I've been doing the last couple days.  I've been napping every time Ryan does.

But for now, a card!


This is actually the first card I made for the Retro Rubber Challenge, but I just didn't like it as much on paper as I did in my head so I made the butterfly card.


Roses in Winter is really retro, I've had it since at last 2006.  Lots of Thoughts is almost as old, it's from Sale-a-Bration in 2008.  I also used the Freshly Made Sketch from a couple of weeks ago just because I liked it:


Time for me to go do dishes.  Ryan is unhappy that we picked up the dogs' water bowl so he can't go splash in it, but he'll just have to get over it.  He's a little grumpy this morning.

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Roses in Winter, Lots of Thoughts
Ink:  Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Peekaboo Peach, Wild Wasabi
Paper:  Garden Green, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Woodland Walk DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Those soft colours are really pretty and I like the woodgrain paper you've added too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber - twice. :-)

Debbie Mageed said...

Christy, this CAS card is lovely! Colors are perfect for our photo inspiration. May I say (hesitantly) that you do NOT look old enough to have stamps from back in 2006?? LOL You really started stamping early! Little Ryan will just find something else on the floor to get into! You can't keep the floors clean enough when they're little, in my opinion. I think that's why I scrapbooked everything. It was my way of enjoying (and accepting) their phases along the way. Thank you for playing with us AGAIN at the Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! This one is gorgeous! I can't decide with of the cards I like more - the butterflies or the roses. Hmm..good choice to have!

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, you are making this hard from me ;) I think I love this even more than your GDT butterflies. I love that beautiful flower and the colours are perfect. Also the sentiment is just so nice. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Katy McGloin said...

Really like the woodsy background of this card. It addsa complement to the sweet watercolored rose. Hope you are feeling better by now, Christy!