Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 Showcase, Part 2

Oh wow man, it is COLD outside!  I have the Star Wars app on my phone and it does weather; sometimes it's got Star Wars-related weather icons on it and this week it's all Luke Skywalker hanging upside down in the wampa's cave on Hoth.  (Translation:  It's really REALLY cold!)  Which is a great reason to drink lots and lots of tea.

So with tea in hand, let's take a look at the second half of the 2017 showcase.  Yesterday I actually went through July instead of stopping at June (oops), but we've still got lots of good projects for July onward.


I'm a little sad that Hug in a Mug isn't carrying over from the holiday catalog, it's so cute.  But as I've said before, I don't get rid of stamps so I can still make things with it even when it's retired :)


Next up is a Magical Mermaid birthday card!  Need to break out that mermaid more often.


Cinderella's carriage still cracks me up every time I think about it.


Painted Harvest was a big favorite this fall, and you'll see another card with this stamp set.  Love that patterned paper too.


I did a LOT of watercolor backgrounds this year and I love how this one turned out.


I was a little irritated working on this because the first iteration just wasn't working out for me, but this one is one of my top favorite cards for the whole year.  Perserverence pays off!


I've had difficulty bonding with Flirty Flamingo, so imagine my surprise when I used it on this layout and loved the results.


Vlad and his buddies may be retired, but they still make an appearance just about every year for Halloween.  Another watercolor background I love!


Oh look, finally a scrapbook layout.  These pictures are from 2004 and I'm so happy I finally got them scrapped!


I have a couple batches of fall leaf pictures I need to scrap, but for now I love how this Italy layout ended up.  Sometimes you just need Tangerine Tango embossing powder.


Another Hug in a Mug card, this one with a layout that I made up myself.  And it's part of my love affair with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.


This Disneyland layout is one of my very favoritest ones from the whole year.  I made my title reminiscent of the old Disneyland marquee and that patterned paper is one of my all-time faves.


This card was really quick and easy to put together and for some reason I just love it.


One more awesome sunflower card with Painted Harvest and yet another watercolor background.


This was one of those layouts that just came together super quick and I loved it so I had to include it here.  And it might possibly be the reason why I have a stamp of a Kitchenaid style stand mixer.


Thanks to the computer crash, I don't have hardly anything posted from December but I did manage to make this card before we left for Texas and I like the bold snowflake pattern and the layers.  I ended up taking a few weeks off from making cards and just worked on some scrapbook pages and spent time with the hubs and the kiddo while hubs was off work.  (And of course we did a lot of house hunting and all that too.)

So there you have my highlights for crafty 2017.  I'm excited to see what 2018 has in store...I doubt I'll get quite as many scrapbook pages done but you know what?  I've already made two!

No comments: