Friday, January 5, 2018

Warm Woolen Mittens

Happy Friday y'all!  Ryan and I are not going to the gym today because it's just plain too cold to go anywhere.  Even Sadie thought it was too cold outside in the snow.

So for today I bring you mittens.


Smitten Mittens technically retired earlier this week, but I got it at the beginning of December and then my unintentional hiatus happened and I never inked up the stamps.  It's a super cute stamp set with matching dies and I wish this card was just a bit...more.  I don't know, it seems a little underwhelming to me?  Ehh, not every card can be your favorite.  This photo isn't doing the card any favors either, but I can't get a better one.

I do love the color combo from Sunday Stamps:


I kinda want to give it another go because I do love that combination.  I read it as Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding (retired), Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, and Flirty Flamingo.

I'm also entering this over at SUO Challenges, their current challenge is to make a winter-related card.  Pretty sure my mittens fit the bill :)  I think Smitten Mittens will be a great stamp set to use for future baby books.  (I'm not having any more babies, but that doesn't mean I won't make any more baby books!)

Cheers, y'all.  Stay toasty!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Smitten Mittens, Hug in a Mug
Ink:  Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Flirty Flamingo
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Many Mittens Framelits, linen thread, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Heather said...

I so know what you mean that not every card floats our own boats, lol, but I see lots to love in this one myself, lol. I really love the stamped background you've created, and I love the look of the mittens tossed on top! Your sentiment looks wonderful interspersed in the background stamping! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Teresa Kline said...

these are adorable mittens...fun card! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, so sweet! Love those mittens and that is the perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Julia said...

Super sweet card - I love the background stamping with the greeting thrown in. This is so perfect for our COLD challenge. I'm so glad you joined in the fun with SUO Challenges.

Unknown said...

Yes...mittens fit the bill for our winter challenge...and come in handy these days in the midwest! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Karen Barber said...

CUTE little mittens in icy blue wintery colors!

Mary Brown said...

How perfect for Baby It's Cold Outside and oh my word it is around where I live and those mitten would be PERFECT! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge.