Friday, May 11, 2018

Tea-Riffic

Happy Friday, y'all!  I couldn't resist making one more tea-related project this week.


All the stamps I used are retired; the sentiment is from A Nice Cuppa and the teacups are from the Take a Sip wheel, which I unmounted and turned into I think eight individual stamps.  It coordinates with the Morning Cup stamp set and in my house the Take a Sip stamps live in the same stamp case as Morning Cup.

Let's start with a color challenge from Inkspire Me:


You know I am here for anything involving Tranquil Tide, and I thought this worked pretty well with my teacups.

Here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And of course the irresistible theme challenge from the Paper Players:


At first when I was working on this card, I had planned to stamp the card base as well but I decided it was just too busy:


The tea rings and splats are from Timeless Textures, but again, it was just too busy for my card and took away the focus from the teacups.  Luckily I hadn't stuck down the main image panel when I made that decision, so I just had to redo my card base.

I'm off to go feed the kiddo his morning Cheerios.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Take a Sip, A Nice Cuppa
Ink:  Soft Sky, Tranquil Tide, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Soft Sky, Tranquil Tide, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Tranquil Tide ribbon

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, this is VERY nice. I LOVE the colors. The greens are just so rich. And the way the 2nd layer is offset makes it look "casual". I like the wider ribbon, too. LOVE it. That tea rings (or coffee rings) stamp is so cute. HOW did they come up with that idea? It's greatness, although I am in agreement with you that it just wasn't good for this card. The simple, clean one is best. LOVE YOU!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great way to combine two tea-themed stamps Christy - I love the ring-mark base layer and the offset layers, perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Both are great cards! Love this color combo and your perfect placement of all those teacups! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is lovely! I love the background of coffee spills and the top panel of all those lovely cups! Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is awesome! I love your choice of stamps and matching sentiment - it's fabulous! thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

IN{K}SPIRE-me Design Team said...

Adorable! I love the stamps! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! Greetings from Bavaria, Kirstin